Skip to main content

A smile my own way.

Greetings! Readers.
Oh! That guy is talking to himself on the subway. Steer clear of him, he obviously looks insane and he probably is....Or is he?
Everyone has heard the clichéd conversations about how we don't have time anymore. We all know, its true we don't, but nobody does anything to rectify that. I mean sure, after a hectic day at work, we've got families to take care of, homework to complete, assignments to write. But even when we're not doing anything, we find something to do... for instance facebook, Instagram or youtube etcetera.
As I do, when I'm free I use Instagram, or youtube or find movies to watch; and sometimes when I can't fall asleep I watch Top Gear(The Clarkson/Hammond/May one) not because its a boring show or anything but because I have watched all the episodes a great many number of times and hence they provide a sense of familiarity and comfort and I drift off to sleep. The alternate option is that I just lie down and start thinking and hopefully fall asleep after I am lost in the train of thought.
While, we are in that train of thought we're talking to ourselves. And that is a factor we all are missing in our lives.
Talking to oneself is an important factor in one's life. We all do that throughout the day about little things as brushing teeth, dressing up, listening to lectures, but we never just talk to our self for the fun of it. I have watched hundreds of movies where the couple breaks up because they drifted apart due to lack of communication. They didn't talk to each other enough and they got divorced. And We live with ourselves and we never care to have a date night with ourselves. We take our self for granted. Even when we do talk, we do it with so little respect as if we were slaves in our own body. We need to give time to ourselves, listen to our own problems. We can be our own best friend. One must try talking to oneself without losing the people he/she is related to because family is all you'll ever have or need. But just a smile thrown your own way would not go in vain. I think its one of the most underrated things in the world.
I think if we just sat and talked to ourselves with respect for about 15 minutes a day, our lives could be better. I try to write poems and all and whatever rubbish I do write I write at night. Before falling asleep because that is the only time that I talk to myself without interruption, without the worry of tomorrow, or the disappointment of yesterday. Its just me, me and the night. I close my eyes and think about the noise the fan makes and I let that thought take me someplace else, someplace I've not seen before, someplace about which I've heard stories about, someplace my own. 
I believe there is beauty in staring at walls, if one cares to find it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death Dessert theory.

Hello... Readers( which apparently are not many). I have come up with a new theory. I havent thought of a name yet. Maybe i will just tell you the name at the end after explaining to you what it is. On second thought i have named it... "Death Dessert". Cool huh? Explanation. Well, most things that are rare, are expensive. And most things that are expensive are most valuable to us. So rare things are valuable. And most people save the sweetest bite for the end. In other words, most people like their dessert at the end of the meal. Taking these two points under consideration, think about death. Death is rare. It only occurs once in everyone's life. And it comes at the end. After everything. It is the sweetest bite. The dessert of life. Maybe death isnt a bad thing afterall. Maybe death is a bite of sweet dessert after all the sour battering given to you by your whole life. Maybe death is the eternal goal. Who knows? Maybe the dead people cant come back or maybe they d

Determination.

"Its a shield, if you like, a sword if you want it to be and emptiness if you don't recognize it." Hello Readers. DETERMINATION Its such an overrated, overused word and often misinterpreted as "hippy talk". The word "Determination" is what every English speaking person knows the meaning of and yet doesn't actually know the application of it. I know that in some or any sort of minimalist crisis, its the last thing i think of; But what we all fail to understand, is that determination is one of the greatest human emotions ever. Its not an emotion as such, but the inner drive and motivation all these words essentially describe determination. It was determination that helped Adolf Hitler commit the greatest genocide in the history of the world. It was Determination that helped Oskar Schindler save hundreds of lives. It was determination that the Manhattan Project resulted in a weapon destructive enough to destroy the entire planet in one go.It was

A study in sadness

Hello readers. Recently, I've been observing the sadness in this world. I was wondering How is it that everyone in this world is sad? How can that be? Every person I meet, Everyone I'm related to, all of my friends, every single one of them is sad about something. I just find that exhausting. You see, I believe, sadness is a default state of a human mind. We're all sad, always. It's like the electrons in the valence band of the forbidden energy gap diagram of conductors and semi-conductors. Our minds are always in the valence bond state(The sad state). When we get excited about something and light finally enters our darkness stricken world, we get into the conduction band(The Happy state). This, also provides an apt description of what depression is. It's just the bigger forbidden gap(Like in insulators). For example, a mentally healthy person would have a diagram of a Conductor and a depressed person would have one of an insulator. This would be better described